Our website is devoted to orthopedics, chiropractic, joint health, arthrits. We are just an informative resource that cannot be used to set any diagnosis or prescribe any treatment. Our staff collects as much information as possible about different joint diseases.
Let’s define the most common facts about joint in pain.
Joint pain is a kind of disease that can be a symptom of various diseases of the human bone (articular) system. Joint pain is most common in old age, but can also occur in young people and children.
You should see a trauma doctor if:
- if joint pain occurs as a result of injury, and is accompanied by severe swelling and deformation of the joint contour. Such symptoms may indicate the presence of a joint dislocation or bone fracture;
- if joint pain is accompanied by an increase in overall body temperature or other symptoms (conjunctivitis, skin rash);
- if, while taking painkillers, joint pain is so severe and does not go away;
- if the pain does not stop on its own for 7 days, and you do not know the cause of the pain in the joints.
Basic principles of joint pain treatment:
- providing rest for the inflamed joint, reducing pain and speeding up recovery. In certain cases, the use of an elastic bandage over the joint to help relieve pain. Try to rest more time without loading the inflamed joint;
- joint pain relief can be achieved with pain relievers, injections, and pills. To relieve pain in the joint area, you can use an ointment with an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect;
- eliminating the causes of joint pain is the most effective pain management method. Thus, you should consult a traumatologist to find out the causes of pain, and follow his further recommendations.